Name of Programme : MASTER OF DENTAL SCIENCE
(programmes was started in 1996)
Mode of Programme : RESEARCH
1. Programme Classification
The Master of Dental Science programme offered is a research programme in which the research component comprises one hundred (100) percent of the whole programme of study.
2. Admission Requirements
(1) The Minimum Qualifications for Admission
A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Dentistry and any Science discipline.
(2) Other Requirement
A candidate may be required to pass an assessment for admission which has been decided by the Faculty.
(3) English Language Requirement
a) Obtain a score of 4 for Malaysian University English Test (MUET); OR
b) Obtain a score of 550 for a total based on the paper, a score of 213 for a total based on the computer or a score of 80 for a total based on the internet for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); OR
c) Obtain a Band 6 for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
3. Duration of Study
This programme shall be extend over a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of eight (8) semesters.
4. Structure of Programme Study
(1) This programme is a research programme leading to the submission of a dissertation and the format is as provided in the University of Malaya (Master’s Degree) Rules and Regulations 2014.
(2) However, a candidate has to attend the programme compulsory course which is the Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Research Methodology and Biostatistics course (DXGW 6171)
(a) A candidate shall attend all classes. Any candidate with less than eighty (80) percent of class attendance for this course without any acceptable reasons or without obtaining prior approval from the lecturer concerned may be barred from sitting the final assessment for this course
(b) A candidate shall pass all assessments given for this course
(c) Any candidate who fail to meet the requirements prescribed above, either (a) or (b); or fail both (a) and (b) requirements, are required to re-register for the course or re-sit for the assessment(s), which ever applicable to the candidate as required by the lecturer concerned
5. Course Registration
A candidate for a Master’s degree by dissertation may register for the programme of study at any time but not later than six (6) months from the date the offer of admission is made.
6. Programme Education Objectives (PEO) / Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)Kindly refer (here)
Last Update: 03/01/2022