BDS at a Glance
The Faculty of Dentistry Universiti Malaya was the first institution of higher learning in Malaysia to offer a degree course to train local candidates to become skilled professional dentists. The first batch of student intake was in 1972.
This is currently a five-year programme where the first two years is dedicated to pre-clinical dental science and basic medical science teaching with exposure to clinical dentistry as early as in the first year. Basic Medical Science teaching is conducted in collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Malaya. In the subsequent three clinical years, candidates will have the opportunity to practice their clinical skills in dentistry as well as related medical practice.
At the end of the programme, the Faculty of Dentistry is expected to produce a general dentist practice who is knowledgeable and highly competent in the clinical and technical aspects, understanding social responsibility and can work effectively to contribute to the country`s health service delivery system, and adheres to the principles of professional ethics and conduct of high value.
For more information about the BDS programme, kindly refer to the link below:
• Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (Malaysian)
• Bachelor’s Degree Programmes (International)
• Undergraduate Programme 2023/2024 (Malaysian)
• Undergraduate Programme 2023/2024 (International)
• Entry Requirements Undergraduate 2023/2024 (Malaysian)
• Entry Requirements Undergraduate 2023/2024 (International)
• There will be no 2nd intake (February / March) for the BDS Programme and the only intake available is September / October each year.
• Application process starts from Mac - August every year.
• The information may vary from time to time.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach us at:
Deputy Dean Office (Undergraduate)
Faculty of Dentistry (FOD)
Level 3, Block B, Office of the Dean
50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +603-7967 4577
Last Update: 21/11/2023